Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My baby can read!

Not really, but he acts like he can. And the only word he seems to be able to read -- in everything -- is "Nate." For instance, I took his sidewalk chalk and wrote "Wylie." So Nate points at each letter and says, "W-Y-L-I-E: Nate!" And he found one of Chuck's boxes from the post office and spelled out "P-O-S-T-A-L-S-E-R-V-I-C-E: Nate!" And when I wrote out the names from our family, he spelled out "D-A-D-A-M-A-M-A-T-H-E-O-N-A-T-E: Nate! Nate! Nate! Nate!" Between this and him telling us that everything is "mine," I'm wondering if we have an egomaniac on our hands. That, or just a perfectly normal 2-year-old.

Tomorrow, Theo turns 12 weeks old, which means he's no longer a newborn. Now, he's officially an "infant." He's been such a good baby for so long that I feel like the newborn phase has been over for a long time -- he only cries when he's hungry/tired/gassy and he sleeps like a champ. All I have to do is put him down in the crib between 8 and 8:30 with a pacifier and he goes right to sleep. Nate was pretty good at this too; he just woke up a lot more during the night because he was perpetually hungry. Theo is still getting up around 4am for a feeding, but goes right back to sleep until 7:30 or so. Of course, this does me no good because Nate is still waking up at 6am. But then Nate and I get our special time with just us two, when he helps me unload the dishwasher and we eat "ceeweeal" together.

No comments: