Thursday, April 30, 2009

The terrible 1s?


Whenever we take Nate anywhere, people always say what a HAPPY baby we have, how he must be so photogenic. He's almost always babbling, smiling, waving hi, etc. And it's true -- Nate is easy to entertain. Even if he's crying, we can make him laugh, by tickling him, singing songs, or giving him kisses.

But since his 1st birthday, I've started to notice some interesting behavior. Now, when he's frustrated with something, he'll arch his back and throw his head back, so much that he could smack his head on the floor if we didn't catch it. Luckily for him, we've always been there. And Chuck said he threw his pacifier across the room one day! I'm pretty sure he gets his stubbornness from Chuck. I can say that, because Chuck hasn't written a single blog since Nate was born and so he can't defend himself. Heh heh heh ...

I remember someone telling me when Nate was 3 months old, "Just so you know, the terrible 2s start when they're 1." Of course, 1 seemed so far off, I wasn't concerned - I was worrying about getting him to sleep through the night. But now I think she might be right. He's asserting his independence!

1 comment:

Goldbergs said...

Hmmm...a suddenly fussy baby exposed to frequent attacks of "Tickle Zombie". Is there a possible link here?

JG